I received an interesting error a couple days ago when I tried to push to GitHub:
It turns out that I accidentally committed a MySQL dump file that I grabbed from our development server. GitHub only allows for 100 MB file which is totally understandable but now I'm stuck with a 118 MB file in my repo with no way to push it to GitHub. It turns out with some command line fu you can remove a file completely from a repo:
At which point you can push the file to GitHub.
So I added a new file to a repo today and it turns out GitHub changed from 100 MB to 50 MB. I've updated the title and included this so hopefully people will find it.
Scott is the Director of Technology at WeCare Connect where he strives to provide solutions for his customers needs. He's the father of two and can be found most weekends working on projects around the house with his loving partner.
- Working With Soft Deletes in Laravel (By Example)
- Fixing CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles"
- Upgrading to Laravel 8.x
- Get The Count of the Number of Users in an AD Group
- Multiple Vagrant VMs in One Vagrantfile
- Fixing the "this is larger than GitHub's recommended maximum file size of 50.00 MB" error
- Changing the Directory Vagrant Stores the VMs In
- Accepting Android SDK Licenses From The OSX Command Line
- Fixing the 'Target class [config] does not exist' Error
- Using Rectangle to Manage MacOS Windows